BSc Hons, (1989), MB BS (1992), FRCOphth (1996)
- Medical School: St Bartholomew's Hospital, London (1986-1992), Winner of the Ernest Withers Prize in Ophthalmology 1992
- Ophthalmology training at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital (1994-2002)
- Ocular Genetic research fellowship 1999-2000, including a 3 month visiting research fellowship at the Jules Gonin Ophthalmic Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Paediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship, Great Ormond Street Hospital and King's College Hospital (2001-2002).
Mr Biswas has over 22 years’ experience in ophthalmology and for the last 15 years he has specialized in children’s eye problems, developing unparalleled expertise in:
- Strabismus / lazy eye
- Paediatric Corneal and External Disease
- Paediatric Corneal Transplantation
- Developmental abnormalities of the front of the eye
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Congenital and Developmental Glaucoma
- Inherited eye diseases
- Consultant Ophthalmologist - Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, with a specialist interest in paediatric ophthalmology since 2002.
- Clinical Head of Division, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, since 2012
Other positions held:
- North West Representative on the Council of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (2009-2012)
- North West Representative on the Paediatric sub-committee of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists since 2016
- Paediatric representative on the Ocular Tissue Transplant sub-committee of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists since 2015
- North West lead for Retinopathy of Prematurity to the Greater Manchester Neonatal Network
Mr Biswas has established:
- A popular and highly sought after paediatric ophthalmology training fellowship.
- Paediatric corneal transplantation service
- Multidisciplinary clinics in paediatric cornea, ocular allergy and retinal disease
He is also:
- A contributor to national guidelines for Retinopathy of Prematurity Screening and Treatment in the UK
- Author or co-author of over 50 publications in peer reviewed journals plus chapters in textbooks.
- Nominated for a national award for developing the Retinopathy of Prematurity Screening Service in Manchester